1. WHAT EXCITES YOU ABOUT OULIPOST?
the opportunity to play around in OULIPO.
2. WHAT, IF ANYTHING, SCARES YOU ABOUT OULIPOST?
having to come up with poems quickly, especially if there’s any iambic pentameter required.
3. HAVE YOU WRITTEN EXPERIMENTAL OR FOUND POETRY BEFORE? IF SO, TELL US ABOUT IT.
I play around a lot with erasure poems, cut ups mash ups & fragments. I have a poetry book coming out with Chaudiere Books in the autumn called Kiki that plays a lot with cut ups.
4. WHAT NEWSPAPER WILL SERVE AS YOUR SOURCE TEXT?
The Ottawa Citizen
5. WHO’S YOUR SPIRIT OULIPIAN?
I’m going to break the rules & not choose an Oulipan per se. I’m going to choose Anne Carson as my guide & mentor, mainly because of her wonderful penchant for blurring genres. My main plan is to follow the rules closely enough to break them.